What’s it like to live in the country and work as rural GP?
We asked rural GPs to share their experiences. Watch these short videos to find out about life as a rural doctor.
- How did you end up working in rural medicine?
- As a rural doctor, do you miss the city?
- What are the working hours for a rural GP?
- What is it like to work in rural medicine?
- Do you feel supported as a rural GP?
- Do rural GPs have access to medical networks and training?
- How do rural doctors spend their leisure time?
- What is the social life like for a rural doctor?
- What is life like for the family of a rural GP?
- What is the quality of life for a rural GP?
Thanks to the following rural GPs for participating in these videos:
- Dr Bill Lang, GPTQ ECT Visitor, Central Queensland Office
- Dr Akshay Wadengaokar, GPTQ Supervisor, Kingaroy
- Dr Riitta Partanen, GPTQ Supervisor, Maryborough
- Dr Madoc Schlencker, GPTQ ECT Visitor, Central Queensland Office,
- Dr Tammy Maxwell, GPTQ Registrar, Dalby
- Dr Brad Murphy, GPTQ Supervisor, Bundaberg
- Dr Pat Byrnes, GPTQ Supervisor, Medical Educator and ECT Visitor, Bundaberg
- Dr Paul Adams, GPTQ Registrar, Mt Isa